Monday, July 23, 2012

Hawaiian Grilled Chicken

 I was looking for something to make my grilled chicken a little livelier and I stumbled across this Hawaiian Chicken recipe on pinterest and it looked really good. It was just a marinade without extra sauce so it wasn't too fattening and it turned out really good. Mine wasnt the exact recipe because I didnt have coconut milk so I used regular milk with a splash of coconut extract. I'm sure it would of been better with the coconut milk but mine was very good and still got the coconutty flavor!

Ingredients:
3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
2 cups soy sauce  (See Note; the soy sauce and water just needs to be a 1:1 ratio)
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 bunch of green onions, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
1/4 cup of a white onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 (13.5 ounce) can of coconut milk (I didnt have coconut water so I used milk and a splash of coconut extract)
*If this recipe is too big you can always half the measurements if you aren't making as much chicken
 
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and put pounded chicken breasts in it. Let sit for as long as you can. The longer you let it sit in the marinade the more flavor it will have. It needs to sit for atleast an hour.
Then take it out of the marinade and put it on the grill and cook! Delish and so easy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment