Saturday, April 28, 2012

Steak Chicken and Veggie Skewers


This is a yummy and healthy recipe for the upcoming grill season!
It is chicken, steak, and mixed veggie skewers!
It is super easy recipe that tastes great!
My favorite part of this recipe is how colorful it is. I love it!

Start off by cutting all your veggies into bite sized pieces.
(I like to keep the tomatoes whole because they wont fall apart when you grill them)
You can use any veggies you want but the veggies I chose are:
zucchini, tomatoes, yellow peppers, green peppers, broccoli, red onion, and sweet onion
(Also the zucchini tends to fall off easy too if you cut them too small so I cut them in half moons and they stay on perfectly)

Also cut your chicken and steak into bit sized pieces.
(You can use any steak you choose, but I think skirt steak is delicious in this recipe)
I also marinated the chicken and steak in a mix of teriyakki and sweet and sour sauce.
These are the sauces I mixed together:

Next start making your skewers! You can put them on in any way that you want!

Now put them on a hot grill!
They dont take too long to grill. Just grill them until everything looks crispy and the meat is done!

Now just take them off the grill and enjoy! You can serve them with rice or potatoes.
Today I paired them with roasted potatoes with fresh herbs from my herb garden!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment