Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vanilla Infused Sugar

 
I love infusing everything I can with vanilla bean.
I use it all the time with my cupcakes or cream and It just gives everything such a rich vanilla flavor and the little flecks of vanilla bean make anything look pretty.
One thing that I do a lot of infuse the vanilla bean into sugar.
This time I also decided I wanted to dye the sugar pink.
So now I have pink vanilla bean infused sugar! :)

Perfect little gift or just for you.
You can put it coffee or add it to any dessert.

To dye sugar pink:
Drop liquid food coloring into sugar and mix with a spoon. If you have the gel food coloring you are going to need to water it down because it needs to be liquid not in gel form or it will not blend.
Once the sugar is all nice and pink. put in a bowl and let it side in the open air uncovered for a couple days. This is becuase the water from the food coloring needs to dry out and evaporate.
Once the water is out it will be very hard clumps of sugar. Put in a food processor and pulse until it is back to sugar smooth consistency.

To infuse vanilla:
Slice open vanilla bean and using a knife scrape off all vanilla bean flecks and put them in the sugar.
Next take entire vanilla bean and bury it in the sugar inside the jar. Put the jar on tight and allow to infuse at least overnight.

Comes out pretty and delicious :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment