Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer salad


 
I love mixing and adding new things to my salads to make them different.
Sometimes salads can get very boring, so mixing it up is always a fun way to spice up your salad and make it a delicious meal.

This specific salad I kind of mixed two of my favorite salads and made them into one.
Southwest salad and my strawberry, walnut, blue cheese salad I love.

For this salad I used:
romaine and chicory lettuce (that I grew in my backyard.. cant get more local then that!)
grilled corn
a few chopped walnuts
blue cheese crumbles
avocado slices

 You can mix and match any add-ins you want for your salad. Play around with flavors, you would be surprised with what tastes delicious! Also you can use any dressing of your choice, tonight I used sesame ginger soy dressing, but again it is totally up to you what you like!

This is a really great light lunch or dinner that is perfect summer meal.
Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment